EXPERIENCING GRACE, INTUTION & INSIGHT – BOOK REVIEWS
Intuition works when there is no thought and intuition will guide you. Brunton, Paul; Venkataramiah, Munagala, Conscious Immortality
2. The wisdom of the overself, Paul Brunton – An absolute classic which I will definetly be re-reading it over and over. This book arrived at my hands just prior to me heading out for a 10 day silent retreat using the Vipassana technique “read more here”. Paul led me through the intellectual wisdom of meditation and its importance. His words them selves were insights to me, they speak to me at a level which is beyond mind. There were moments of absolute stillness on reading his insights.
It is the business of intuition to offer correct guidance in earthly human and intellectual matters whereas it is the business of insight to transcend them. Brunton Paul, The Wisdom Of The Overself
3. Falling into Grace, Adyashanti – I am fascinated by Adyshanti & his way of writing, an enlightened person with practical and applicable guidance to lead that life. He is a guru for so many, he is one of my dear teachers. His book Falling into grace spoke to me at a deep inspirational level
His pointer on “ not knowing” and subsequent quote on grace is so alive …”In this gap of not knowing, in the suspension of any conclusion, a whole other element of life and reality can rush in. This is what I call grace. It’s that moment of “ah-ha!”—a moment of recognition when we realize something that previously we never could quite imagine. Adyshanti, Falling into grace
I feel guided by life and with abundant grace this book has come my way.
4. Autobiography of a Yogi- Paramhansa Yogananda –This is a book renowned for its spirituality and the communion with the divine. The art of Yoga and Yoganand Paramhans’s unique wisdom were an eye opener to a profound spiritual realm. The various and unique stories of the Indian Yogi’s was a delight to read. This book contained divine inspiration for me. “Man is a soul , and has a body” . Yogananda, Paramahansa . The Autobiography of a Yogi
Intuition is soul guidance, appearing naturally in man during those instants when his mind is calm. Nearly everyone has had the experience of an inexplicably correct ‘hunch’, or has transferred his thoughts effectively to another person.
The human mind, free from the static of restlessness, can perform through its antenna of intuition all the functions of complicated radio mechanisms— sending and receiving thoughts and tuning out undesirable ones. As the power of a radio depends on the amount of electrical current it can utilise, so the human radio is energised according to the power of will possessed by each individual Yogananda, Paramahansa (2014-12-17). The Autobiography of a Yogi
5. A new Earth, Eckhart Tolle: Eckhart is a guiding light in todays age. He has been instrumental for me to start observing my thoughts and arrive at the great still space. From this still space life speaks and he says “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment” Eckhart Tolle – A new Earth
6. The Surrender experiment, Michael Singer–this entire book took me on the journey of Seeing the authors life unfold to the tune of life’s insights at each moment of his life. As Michael points out. Life is the real author of this amazing book. Full of practical insights, this book has taught me to relax into consciousness and allow life to direct me. One of the most insightful books that I have come across
7. There is more to life than this: Healing Messages & Insight from the other side, Theresa caputo– This book opened a world of mediums and wisdom of the other side to me. Theresa talks about deep guiding insight from the other side from spirits.
8. When God Spoke to me: The inspiring stories of ordinary people who have received divine guidance and wisdom, David Paul Doyle – This divine guidance or insight has been instrumental in so many peoples lives and the stories in the book tell them all “When I prayed for guidance, inviting the Holy Spirit to be my eyes and ears, desiring only to see and hear what He would have me hear, often something miraculous happened within me.” DavidPaul Doyle. When God Spoke to Me. The story “The gift of grace” is apt for this post. The voice within which has worked miraculously to keep the person in the story sober
9. Proof of heaven: A Neurosurgeons journey into the afterlife: Eben Alexander III MD – Dr Eben’s story is a miraculous one, a wisdom of a different world given to me here on earth, His journey into the other realm is astounding. The insights he received were of a different nature, in his words- “Insights happened directly, rather than needing to be coaxed and absorbed.” Alexander III M.D., Eben Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Afterlife. Sometimes this is how insights occur, not through the mind. They come from within
Sitting quietly with a calm and quiet mind is the best way, I found for experiencing grace. In this gentle silence the voice of life directs me. This direction is felt throughout my being rather than an intellectual calculation and deduction. Listening and following to this insight has been one of the wonders of life itself.