Tolle, Eckhart :Practicing the Power of Now
1. The Unthered Soul- – the journey beyond yourself. Michael A Singer: – This book was the first book I read in 2012, it was like a seed was planted. A seed to live in the moment. The practical suggestions in this book are alive and appealing. I have re-read the book since then and the power it has on making the present moment so alive is profound.
2. The power of now: A guide to spiritual Enlightenment- Eckhart Tolle: – for all those who are seeking a simple, practical way of establishing your loving relationship with the now, I think this is the book. It opens up that precious space from which you can live. This book helped me to get my foot in the door which would later open up to a whole different world
3. Practicing the power of now, Eckhart Tolle:– A book with relevant excerpts from the power of now, to aid in living out in the moment and benefit from the immense peace the present moment living brings forth. This is a practical guide that I have used in my day to day life for observing my thoughts.
4. A new Earth, Eckhart Tolle:- A dawn of a new earth and new heaven is in process. Eckhart goes into the details of the human functioning and how life is being played out. He provides his deep insight to break free of what he calls “the pain body” … He gradually lead me to identify the inner purpose. The importance of living life in the present moment is presented with wonderful examples, as I experienced -these can be experienced by all
5. Stillness Speaks, Eckhart Tolle:- Eckhart presents spiritual practices, one of them is not to take our thoughts seriously. He made me understand what “thinking is all about . He answered my question of How one can move into being here and now? He prompted me to feel the aliveness within me, he doing so the path to be present moment was visible. I was lead into the great stillness where true living occurs. The possibility of liberation from suffering started to shine forth
6. Miltons Secret, Eckhart Tolle:- I must have read this book so many times, I also recited this to my 4 year old son and this was his bed time story. The message of awareness and living fully in the now is delivered so simply and powerfully. It leaves me spell bound each time I read it.
7. 10% happier, Dan Harris- how I tamed the voice in my head:- Dan has nailed it on the head, the balancing of living in a high stress environment and yet living a fully engaged life. Engaging the present moment constantly while facing the apparent living. This book must have started me digging for a more deeper experiential awareness
8. Eckhart Tolle & Buddhist Tales of light ; 20 tales to help, A J Parr:- A J Parr gives practical steps to watch the thoughts. The tales of Buddha are very interesting and prompt the reader to experience the awareness by trying the techniques he mentions.
9. Experience the now: How to increase your level of Consciousness , Sullins Stuart. Sullins is a spiritual teacher and he shares his personal experience of living here and now through this short book. This book is full of Experential wisdom
10. Living in the now: How to live as the spiritual being that you are, Gina Lake.:- Gina has given practical advice on how to overcome suffering by living fully in the moment. Living an aware life. She also touches upon various life situations and the “I” thoughts in particular
11. Awareness : Anthony Demello. Tony has been my teacher since I was young, he was introduced to me by my, now, Jesuit friend when I was in pre-university. Anthony demello resurfaced, or should I say I got in touch with him again in the last year or so. To understand his message with 20 years gone by. He speaks to my heart in a profound way, cutting straight to the chase of what it is, that is required to live life here and now.
12. Rediscovering life: Awaken to reality Anthony Demello: A book that definitely changes lives. Anthony in his tough love during one of his retreats takes one through wonderful stories which inspire a new light within. He points out to the mess that we are in and how we like to live there. He brings us back to the task at hand. To get on with being aware, to understand. He stresses on understanding more than changing ourselves.
13. The surrender Experiment: my journey into life’s perfection– Michael Singer:- I learnt to hear the voice of life coming from within me. Michael taught me through his life time of experiences of how allowing life to “just be” and doing what is put forth in front of me is actually from the universe itself. Saying yes to life’s insight, sometimes … rather many a times against the mind leads to unexpected loving experiences. Sitting quietly I heard life.
14. Buddha in Blue jeans: An extremely short zen guide, Tai Shridan:-The shortest of books, packing a punch though …. Oh and this one is available for free on the kindle. Practical guide to start sitting quietly, simply
These books are a great blessing to me and to so many others who have read them, if some one, even one person gets to live fully for a few moments by going deep and understanding the essence of life then that’s is just amazing to start with. I am sure that there is lots of grace and insight which comes from being in the “now”